December 3, 2009

Weather is deceiving.. like the devil!

So I wake up in the morning, roll out of bed, turn off the most annoying sound on the face of the planet (my alarm), stumble out of my room and head to the living room, saying good morning to whoever is already getting ready in the bathroom on my way. After standing mindlessly in the middle of the kitchen for a minute trying to wake up, I grab a yogurt out of the fridge and plop down on the couch under our window. I peer out upon the breathtaking view of the apartment complex parking lot, Hogi Yogi, and the construction zone on campus. I admire the blue ski and the beautiful sun rays hitting the trees. I finish my yogurt and continue getting ready to head to class. I then check the thermometer on my computer to see if I should wear my coat or not, thinking its around 20 or 30 degrees outside because it looks fairly warm out. Nope. Dead wrong. My jaw hits the floor when my computer tells me it isn't even 0 degrees outside, its NEGATIVE SIX! I official thought I was going to die. I don't think it is warm enough outside to sustain human life for that much longer. So goodbye everyone, I am being sucked into an unexcapable wasteland for the next 5 months. Pray that I survive. 

1 comment:

Jen said...

I hate when you think it looks nice outside and it isn't. just wait until you have to convince children of such a day. that is the worst. bundle up and stay warm... maybe you need to find some more warm boys. :) find a Jacob.